izziebytes.net

Category: Communites

Should Guild Wars 2 have Official Forums?

This has been brought up a few times on fan-run forums over the years, but I noticed that the discussion never really took off and there didn’t seem to be much thought from the OPs. It’s certainly something I’ve mused over several times as well. I’ve always been a forum fan for any game I’ve…

Pushing Boundaries: Exploration in Guild Wars 2 from #GW2Fanday

If I could pick one thing from Prophecies that I felt was the epitome of what made that first campaign so memorable for me, it was the openness of it all. Even for a game that had no persistence, there’s always been -so much- to explore and discover. In fact, as recently as earlier this…

Guild Wars, Winds of Change, and the Live Team from #GW2fanday

Sometimes things happen unexpectedly. When invited to visit the Arenanet office and partake in Guild Wars 2 Fanday, we all knew the event would be focused on Guild Wars 2. Certainly, it’s this much-anticipated sequel that has everybody captivated, with press and fans alike more than happy to test, explore, and report on their experiences…

MS Toga Party 2011 Re-Cap

As per TT tradition, we’re coming in with this a little late. But better late than never! We tweeted / spammed a few weeks back about the charity fundraiser run by Gamers Giving back for multiple sclerosis awareness. Although the turnout was smaller than expected, we were still pleased to meet and surpass our goal of $1337!…

In-Game MS Fundraiser by Gamers Giving Back!

The lovely folks over at Gaming World Entertainment Network / Gamers Giving Back are holding another large charity fundraiser this month on April 16th for multiple sclerosis awareness. It’s less than two weeks away, so it’s time to spread the word.  These are the same guys and gals that brought us the Pink Day in…

Pax-East Pre-Show | TalkTyria, Guild Mag, and Friends!

Get the low-down on PAX-East: Who’ll be there, what’s happening, and where to go to keep informed.

Guild Wars Community Projects Update: March 2011 Edition

Keep up to date with the latest launches, re-releases, and site changes from your favorite Guild Wars blogs and sites!

Guild Wars Guru GvG Tournament (That’s a lot of G’s)

Sharpen those blades, hone those skills, and read up on those builds. It’s GvG time! The folks over at Guild Wars Guru announced last week that they’ll be hosting a wide-scale GvG tournament this spring, with an explicit focus on making the championship accessible to as many players as possible. The tourney will have four…

Guild Wars Community Projects Update

One thing that has kept Guild Wars so alive is this fantabulous community of ours. While we do have our fair share of healthy competition, the amount of support and bro-ing out that goes on with everyone is pretty awesome. In light of the love and fever of a new year, I thought I’d give…

Guild Wars 2 Hall of Monuments Rewards Revealed!

So Arena-Net released the Guild Wars Hall of Monuments calculator deal today. This feature is so ridiculously amazing, it’s not even funny. You input your character name and it tallies up your achievements. Each one is given a certain point value. There’s a total of 50 points, and each level from 1-30 unlocks an in-game…